Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Adsorbed
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Adacel is a vaccine indicated for:
- active booster immunization against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis. Adacel is approved for use in persons 10 through 64 years of age.
- immunization during the third trimester of pregnancy to prevent pertussis in infants younger than 2 months of age.
For intramuscular injection only.
- Each dose of Adacel is administered as a 0.5 mL injection.
- For routine booster vaccination, a first dose of Adacel is administered 5 years or more after the last dose of Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis (DTaP) series or 5 years or more after vaccination with Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids Adsorbed (Td). A second dose of Adacel may be administered 8 years or more after the first dose with Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Adsorbed (Tdap).
- Adacel may be administered for tetanus prophylaxis for wound management. For management of a tetanus prone wound, a booster dose of Adacel may be administered if at least 5 years have elapsed since previous receipt of a tetanus toxoid containing vaccine.
- To provide protection against pertussis in infants younger than 2 months of age, administer Adacel during the third trimester of pregnancy
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- Single-dose vials and prefilled syringes containing a 0.5 mL suspension for injection.
For persons 10 through 64 years of age